WHO AM I?
A lawyer and business owner for 25 years, in 2008, I decided to make a change. I sold my business and enrolled in the New England School of Photography (NESOP) and the DeCordova Museum School. For the next three years I studied both the artistic and technical aspects of photography. I opened Dee is for Dogs Photography in 2011.
WHAT DO I DO?
I specialize in Pet and Child Portrait Photography. Obviously my clients love their children. In fact, many of my clients consider their pets to BE their children. Dogs (horses, etc) and kids--what a perfect match. I can't think of a better way to spend my day than creating custom wall-sized portraits of animals and the children who love them. These heirloom quality portraits are works of art to hang in your home and enjoy forever.
My photography has appeared in the following:
- Sports Illustrated
- Sports Illustrated. com, "At the Westminster Dog Show, Flynn the Bichon Frisé's Triumph Surprises Even His Handler"
- Sports Illustrated.com, "The Dog Days of February: Sights and Sounds from the 2017 Westminster Dog Show"
- Sports Illustrated.com, "Behind the Scenes at the 2016 Westminster Dog Show"
- Sports Illustrated.com,"Backstage at the Westminster Dog Show"
- The National Geographic Traveler’s website
- Hamptons Pet (multiple covers)
- Tatler magazine
- Passport to Greater Westhampton (cover)
- New York’s Channel 12 News
- Simply Pets magzine
- Shutterbug magazine
- The Southampton Press
- 2017 Solo Art Show at the Rogers Memorial Library, Southampton, Ny
- 2017 Solo Art Show at the Westhampton Free Library, Westhampton Beach , NY
- 2015 Solo Art Show at the Westhampton Free Library, Westhampton Beach, NY
- The PhotoPlace Gallery in Middlebury, VT
ANIMAL RESCUE WORK
I love helping animal rescue organizations increase their adoption rates. Two of my favorite rescue groups are Bideawee and ARF the Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons. This year Bideawee is celebrating it's 115th anniversary as a leading pet welfare organization serving metropolitan New York and Long Island. ARF, located in Wainscott, NY has saved over 25,000 cats and dogs since its founding in 1974. Both of these "no-kill" shelters work tirelessly to improved the lives of the dogs and cats in their care. You can read more about my work with animal rescues in the Giving Back section of my website.
WHERE CAN YOU FIND ME?
I spend my summers (which I loosely define as May-October) in the Hamptons. Since I lived in the Boston suburbs during the winter, I often head for Palm Beach &/or Naples for several weeks to escape the snow. I have assembled a loyal group of clients who enjoy having their private photo sessions in one of my studios (Eastport, NY or Newton, MA), on the beach or in their homes.
I love what I'm doing. What could be more fun than spending my time capturing the unrestrained enthusiasm and unconditional love of pets and the children who love them? If you would like custom designed works of art featuring your children (human, canine, or equine) to hang in your home, please contact me so we can start the process of creating your memories. Children grow fast and pets lives are too short to wait. I can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks for looking at my work.